Bye bye Ronnie....
James Randi --- Wizard ((no email))
Mon, 11 Apr 1994 09:48:35 -0400
Thus Endeth the Ronnie Marcus Saga....
I have a report that the Lexington, Kentucky, appearance of Mr. Ronnie
Marcus has been cancelled, and that he has been sent packing. His last
encounter brought him to the attention of Loyd Auerbach, a parapsychologist
and writer for FATE magazine, and primed by the previous fiascos in which
Ronnie had become involved, Auerbach appears to have caught him at several
moments-of-truth. Possible next events:
(1) Mr. Marcus will complain that there were "negative
vibrations" and "bad attitudes" all around him that
either (a) inhibited positive results or (b) made
him resort to cheating.
(2) The supporting scientists will offer those excuses
for Mr. Marcus' failure.
(3) Mr. Marcus will return home and say that he was
tested in the USA before scientists, and will not
go into more detail than that.
(4) The scientists who believed in Mr. Marcus' powers
before his visit here, will continue to believe in
them in spite of this series of episodes.
(5) The scientists who believed in Mr. Marcus' powers
before his visit here, will re-think their decisions
and just let it all go away like a bad dream.
(6) The scientists who believed in Mr. Marcus' powers
before his visit here, will decide they were horn-
swoggled and will get real pissed off.
My personal bets would not be placed on #6. Numbers 1 plus 4 or 5 are
likely to come to pass.
Comments....? James Randi.